Toyota’s cars were perceived as very good but a bit boring, lacking emotional values such as design and driving pleasure. The success factor was to create passionate engagement with the dealers and their service car customers. That’s why we created the event The Car Walk. It started with an analysis of the world, trend tension and ended with a spectacular show – The Car Walk. The 2019 cars slipped on a colorful fashion show. It became the most successful event Toyota has ever conducted in every way.
– Inspire, engage and power the Toyota and Lexus dealers for 2019 and this year’s car news.
– Launch 2019 car news to corporate customers and strengthen Toyota’s image together with Lexus as a comprehensive supplier.
– Assist dealers to create new car sales by establishing a dialogue with new customers and / or inactive existing customer contacts
The following objectives were formulated for the project:
– At least 100 participants from potential corporate customers who own more than 10 company cars should attend the event.
– At least 100 participants from Toyota and Lexus retailers will be attending the event
– At least 85% of all participants (ÅF and customers) should consider that the event as a whole was good or very good (ie the score 4 – 6 on a 6-degree scale)
The following goals were formulated specifically for the Dealers and were followed up after the event in a separate questionnaire:
– At least 85% of participating retailers respond that the event has assisted them in their sales work
– At least 75% of ÅF’s participation should respond that the event has assisted them in establishing a dialogue with new customers.
– At least 65% of ÅF’s participants must respond that the event has assisted them in creating new car sales.
The solution became a spectacular lunch event – The Car Walk – exclusively for those who work with company cars and who are passionate about smart and sustainable mobility. Heavy industry profiles offered world-wide analysis and trend tension from the car industry and informed about the new tax rules for 2019. The program ended with the spectacular car show “The Car Walk” which made the audience the first in Sweden to experience the 2019 car news up close. It was a carefully produced show where 5 car models were presented within 10 minutes on a custom-built “cat walk” synced with 3D graphics and pre-recorded voice overs.
Immediately after the car show, an exhibition was opened where participants could take a closer look at the cars from the show as well as the complete range of cars and consult experts from Toyota, Lexus and Toyota Financial Services.
In order to get key people to the event, a communication plan was drawn up which included an invitation process, targeted advertising on Linkedin and, above all, marketing the event in internal channels to the dealers. We engaged the dealers early in the process and were thus able to create a “we feel”, ownership and a positive attitude to the event at the retailer stage. A smart and flexible digital invitation coupled with an OSA tool enabled the retailers to easily send out personal invitations and continuously follow up which customer leads I have thanked for the event.
An event that has been carefully planned for six months, which was completed within 3 hours and which became the most successful customer event Toyota has ever conducted.
– A total of 230 participants attended the event, of which 120 were corporate customers
– 90% of the visitors considered the event as a whole good or very good (4 – 6 on a 6 degree scale)
– 89% of participating retailers felt that the event had assisted them in their sales work
– 74% of participating retailers felt that the event had assisted them in establishing a dialogue with new customers.
– 83% of participating dealers felt that the event had assisted them in creating new car sales.